Sunday 24 October 2010

How the Love began

So,
this is supposedly my final year of playing basketball for a team.


It's sad,
I wanna continue.


I have vowed to train and be half as good as no.9,
even if there are no longer matches that need my contribution.
I'd be glad to know that I can play well.


Anyway,
I'm copying Selina's idea. =P
Sorta.


This is a record of my basketball journey.
How I fell in love.


I was 14.
There was a guy involved of course.
I was in the same class as this
really good basketball player.
He was tall,
very tall at that age, for that age.
He's not the very handsome guy,
but he's that kinda person that just can get girls easily.
Not really a playboy though.
Anyway,
it all started because of him.


I started watching people (him) play,
learned the rules,
and I got to know some friends,
like Hooy Pin,
the only one whom I still contact,
though rarely.




I wanted to join the team,
but my mom forbid me
coz she was afraid I might turn darker,
which happened to my sister.
She got to join the team for a year.

If I joined the team since then, 
4th might have a chance of winning more matches.
=P




I even skipped my favourite Karate (at that time)
just to go and sit at the court and watch people (him) play.


Then since I played a little,
a friend asked me to join a 3 on 3 game in her team.
That was my first real match.
We got 4th place.


Basketball is not a hard game to fall in love with.
For me, that is.


I paid more attention to basketball
when the boy eventually became my bf.
I loved it even more,
coz he would tell me about his games
and I went to see most of them.


After we broke up,
I was still in love with basketball.
It just gave me that special feeling
that no other sport can.
The rules are simple and there aren't many players in the court.
(unlike football where you can barely tell who's where).
It's fast paced too.
Gives that adrenaline rush.


As I grew older
(in high school)
I stopped playing,
but I still went to watch the matches since Hooy Pin is in the school team.


When I got into uni,
I joined the first real team.
Although we didn't do very well,
that was the first time I trained in a team.






Then there was another tall boy who played basketball very well.
I dunno if he played better than the first boy,
but they were both good.


Anyway,
more reasons to play basketball! XD


My second year in uni,
I continued the journey,
and became the team manager/player. 
Still as no.7, and Selina still as no.8.






Final year,
where the most injuries happened.
I complained and I complained
but in the end,
it was all worth it.

Sometimes you have to get to the end to know that you've walked on the rainbow.


It's been a long way,
but as much as I hope it will go on,
I see no future in basketball.


This shall be a very important part of my memory,
in high school and uni.


No matter how old I get,
how many love I lost,
basketball will always be the love of my life.


And now,
I'm copying Sabrina's idea.
Yes,
I'm not original.


She wrote a super sweet parody to her beloved basketball player,
and now it's my turn to try.


the basketball version


不该结束




计时的钟停了 分数还是输的

所以加油也停止了
篮球在旋转着 在框外面停格
画面会永远留着
给多的是付出 少给的不算数
练球时不分胜负
我们给了全部 比数还是属输
我们却感觉幸福





快乐的开始不该悲伤的结束

付出多才会了解什么是幸福
快乐的开始 祝福的结束
快乐的开始不该悲伤的结束
走到了末路还是会留下祝福
我会牢牢记住
所学的全部 的全部


I didn't really change the chorus part coz it fits perfectly.
Except for the last line. 


now, for no.9.=P


背影


三分球得分
真的超帅气  
你投球时像不用费力
你认真的表情
在心 留下烙印 

带球往前冲
没人追上去
你的速度根本是飘逸
很高兴有机会
遇见的对手是你
你上篮的动作无以伦比
变成球才能得你关心
你的目光 认真帅气
是敌队时我才能够靠近 

感谢我不可以
进入你的队里
所以才能 当球迷支持你 有再多的遗憾
用来牢牢记住
进球的动作多美丽
感谢我不可以
进入你的队里
所以才能 偷拍你的背影
躲在观众席里 不用你抬头看
还是珍惜
我过去练球的日记 化成灰也不敢和你相比
我的心跳  蒸发成云 
再下成雨却舍不得淋湿你
感谢我不可以
住进你的college
所以才能 从远处偷窥你
有再多的遗憾 用来牢牢记住
不完美的三分落地
感谢我不可以 拥抱你的背影 所以才能 默默
迷恋
躲在那柱子旁    不用你回头看
还是温馨 
感谢我不可以
拥抱你的背影
所以才能 远远的祝福你 躲在观众席上
如果你抬头看 
请示笑意 




It's not as sweet as Sabrina's version,
but I did my best.


I feel bad for the song though. =[ 
it's such a nice song
and I've ruined it with the funny lyrics. 
--________________--lll
林宥嘉 will cry if he sees this. 


that's what J_Fish has to say~ Au Revoir~


p.s. photos are from Selina's fb album. =P
Somehow I can't find mine...

1 comment :

  1. basketball is always fun.. used to play back in school days.. but now stopped edy :)

    ReplyDelete