Friday 23 August 2013

Houston, we have a problem


So, this mascara is like THE big thing mascara that Maybelline has been creating hype for.
They're so proud and confident about this mascara that they even have a "money back guarantee".
Well it could be fake confidence since most Malaysians would just say
"Aiya never mind la, have to go back to return waste time. Next time don't buy again can liao"

How many of you actually would go back for the money back?

Since their focus is on no clumping, I tested it out, and here's the answer.

After first coat


After second coat


It doesn't really clump if you apply 2 coats, but for the second coat, you'll see that the tip of the lashes are slightly bulkier and thicker, meaning if I went on with coat number 3, clumping will happen. 

The other eye shows lashes without mascara. 

My verdict: 
It's just an average mascara.

Does it lengthen my lashes?
Yes, but not very much.

Does it volumize?
It does what a mascara should do. Refer to pictures above and you be the judge. 

Does it smudge?
No. It stays in place all day long, unless you touch it or pull it. 

Is it waterproof?
Not at all. Once water drips on it, it just falls off. You can just pluck if off and it won't it hurt.

Is it worth the hype?
MEH

Even though this is a decent mascara, I don't get the hype. It's just... decent. It's not extra good, it's not bad. Priced at RM39.90 it's slightly more expensive than other mascara by Maybelline,
which I don't see why. 

I did get a free gift with purchase though. 



After 12 hours of applying. Still looking fresh. The only thing I love about this mascara.

Tell me what you think about it if you've tried it. 

That's what J_Fish has to say~ Au revoir~

No comments :

Post a Comment