Tuesday 10 September 2013

Paranoia- 2013 (Movie afterthoughts)

My dude says the movie is not named appropriately. I agree.
I'm more paranoid than the main character and I'm not even a spy. 
If I were a spy, I would probably blow my own mind with conspiracy theories before anyone gets to me. 
FML? 

LOL

Paranoia is about this young (and hot) tech guy who made one wrong decision and that became leverage for his ex-boss (because he was fired) to use him.


He was recruited and trained to become a corporate spy, well, 
to get details of a new products from, wait for it,
.
.
.
the competing company
of which the boss was an old mentor/ friend
now turned enemy of (the recently turned ex) boss.
*shudders*


It's a typical movie with no twists, 
or at least no significant-what-just-happened, you-sneaky-screenwriter-twist.

Why I said I would blow my own mind before anyone gets to me (if I were a spy) is because by the middle of the movie,
I've come up with an ending at the back of my head (multitasking baby).

I took the characters, the way they acted, and with the circumstances in the movie,
and I put myself in the character's shoes,
and 

BOOM

instant paranoia.

I would totally be watching my back if I were him.
If your boss trains you to become a spy,
wouldn't you expect that they themselves will be spying on you and see if you're actually doing your spy job?

The flaws of the movie is that the screenwriter is lazy.
A leading tech company wouldn't be so easy to hack in.
Come on, a vault with a digital coded lock that can be hacked with a normal code hacker?

If Apple HQ is so easy to hack, people wouldn't need to stay awake tonight 
just to get the announcement of the new phones. 

[I think both hardcore Android and ios supporters will be up.]
(One waiting to cheer no matter what is announced, the other ready to pounce at the lack of improvement.)

Anyway,
here's my   version of the story.

Adam, the hot lead is the smart, capable, next-big-thing tech guy who seeks for a chance to shine.
The boss says that his idea is shit and throws him out.
He makes the smart move of not making "that wrong decision"
and voila. 

No more movie.

*how it should have ended* Lol?


This movie is a bet by the boss on "would Adam the smart guy make the wrong decision?"
If yes, movie time!!
If no,
*sniff*
Oh well. 
*shrugs*


Ok another   version of my version of the story.

Adam, the hot lead, is the smart, charismatic, capable, next-big-thing tech guy who seeks for a chance to shine.
The boss says that his idea is shit and throws him out.
He makes the dumb "wrong decision",
his boss catches him in the act, use it as leverage, and now he's the spy.

He befriends the people in the other company,
earns their trust,
gets whatever the boss wants him to get,
and 
it turns out,

it's actually a plot to bury upcoming, smart, new tech guys that pose as a threat to both companies,
and both the bosses being enemies were just a facade.

They were working together all along. 
Adam gets:

a) killed in the process and covered up by a car accident (typical)
b) sent to jail and slammed with a huge lawsuit by the company he's spying on (for loses, yada yada)
because the bosses have evidence that he's stealing corporate information (since the first company was spying on him all along)
And he never gets his "bright future plea" because he doesn't live in this country.

The. End.

Did the movie end like I imagined it would?
Find out for yourself.


That's what J_Fish has to say~ Au Revoir~
p.s. After "The end" for Adam, the boss who sends him as a spy uses the information he gets, sells it as his company's newest product, and the second boss whose information is stolen actually planted a glitch which is so complicated it needs a "cure" that only his company has, and that product that was stolen wasn't even actually real product that they were going to market and they market the real "state-of-the-art" product and both bosses goes into a feud and they become the movie version of Bill Gates and Steve Jobs.

Spoiler: Steve Jobs dies.

Spoiler: We all die in the end.

I'm really bored at work.

2 comments :

  1. Hahahaha sounds like the movie is kinda shitty :X

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol i thought some parts were nice, but I got the same feeling as you...the director and screenwriters was being lazy

    ReplyDelete