Tuesday 5 October 2010

From the trip

I've been quite busy recently. 
>______________<


So, 
if you followed my posts,
(if not you can juz scroll down to the next post)
you'd know that I've been to DiGi last Saturday.


I learned a lot there,
most, from Yasmin Rasyid.
She's a lecturer in UM.
Seen her here before.


Anyway,
here are some points that I'd like to share
(from the people there and some I came up with)


1. Because companies or products claim that they are "green" doesn't mean they are.
- Check if the product you're buying contains chemicals, if yes, it's not green.
- Check if it's flown in from far away. If yes, it's not as green as those that are local.
  --Why? coz the transport used to fly or drive in those things causes pollution anyway.


2. Because the packaging of a product is green doesn't mean it is.
- Just because they decorate it with green doesn't mean it's harmless to the environment.


3. Change your way of life if you really care for the environment.
- Take the bus or any form of public transport. Carpool if you have to drive.
  -- It's cheaper/ more affordable anyway. (75% of household expenses [in PJ]goes to fuel 
      I dun think it's much difference in other places in Malaysia. 
- Stop taking the plastic bags that are given by the cashiers. It's a choice.
- Don't use so much hair spray.
- Don't turn on the television/radio/laptop etc when not needed.
- Turn off the tap when you're brushing your teeth/ applying shampoo/ scrubbing your body/ whenever you don't need it.
- Use a pail/ bucket when you wash anything.
- Unplug the plug every time you don't use it. I heard that it really stops the electricity from moving. If it doesn't, if you unplug it you'll be sure that you switched it off right?
- Don't buy what you don't need.


that's all that I can think about right now. Very distracted. 
will add more stuff in my others posts.


that's what J_fish wants to say~ Au Revoir~

1 comment :